Baratza Vario-W Coffee Grinder
Weight-based grinding for extreme accuracy makes it easier to make that perfect cup of coffee. Baratza’s groundbreaking Vario-W is a fully integrated real-time weight-based grinder. It has all the features of the Vario including small footprint, macro/micro adjustment, ceramic burrs, and a broad range of grind, but uses a weight-based dosing approach rather than a time-based approach.
This professional-grade grinder fits anywhere, from your kitchen to your office to your café. The built-in precision load cell provides accurate weighing, while grinding, to within 0.1 grams. Three user-programmable buttons make for repeatable, one- touch grinding.
Vario-W’s intuitive macro/micro adjustments offer 230 distinct and repeatable settings for any style of coffee. The Vario-W’s unique 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding (averaging 2 g/sec) performance and remain sharp twice as long as the best steel burrs. The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
The Vario-W offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
Grinds Left in Grinder:
To maximize freshness, the Vario-W minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- 54 mm professional ceramic flat burrs
- Front-mounted control panel with LED display
- Macro and micro adjust for fine tuning
- Powerful, high torque DC motor
- 8 oz bean hopper
- Speed to Grind: 1.6 to 2.2 g/sec.
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz. (230 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3 oz. (180 g)
- Weight: 9 lbs. (4.1 kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD cm: 13x36x18 cm
- Power Rating (North America):120 V AC 180 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1.5 Amp
- Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .8 Amp
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK