Baratza Forté BG Brew Coffee Grinder
The Forté BG is a compact, weight based, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for brew methods requiring a medium to coarse grind. The Forté BG incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment.
The Forté BG is a durable workhorse using a 54mm flat steel burr, which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from Press Pot to Drip. cycle. The broad range of grind (500 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Forté-BG burrs.
The Forté BG allows you to dose by weight or time. The dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus .2 gram. Touch activation screen with LED backlit technology.
An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps, plus the new metal detents, enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off (all weights are bean density dependent).
- 54mm flat steel burrs by Ditting
- Allows you to dose by weight or time
- All-metal macro and micro adjustment system
- Hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee
- 10 oz bean hopper
- Weight: 13 lbs
- Dimensions: 5" W x 7" D x 14" H
- Speed to Grind:Aero press 1.2 g/sec, Press 2.4 g/sec
- Burrs: 54 mm steel burrs by Ditting
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz (300-400 g), depending on size & density of bean
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6 oz. (170 g)
- Weight: 13 lbs. (6 kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD cm: 13x36x18 cm
- Power Rating (North America):120 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.0 Amp
- Power Rating (Other):230 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1.1 Amp
- Safety Listing:UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle WA.