Baratza Vario Coffee Grinder
This professional-grade grinder fits anywhere, from your kitchen to your office to your café. While sporting a small footprint, the Vario features an impressive range of capabilities, boasting 230 distinct and repeatable grind settings from fine grind for espresso to course grind for press pot.
Vario’s intuitive macro/micro adjustments make it easy to get the grind for a perfect espresso finish. With a simple slide of the lever, you can switch from espresso to other coffee styles. And it couldn’t be easier to get the perfect amount — digital timers and three user-programmable buttons make accurate one-touch dosing and repeatable grind times a snap.
The Vario’s unique 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding performance and remain sharp for twice as long as the best steel burrs. The powerful high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
As always, it’s not just what’s inside that matters; the Vario’s smooth operation carries over from internal to external, with front-mounted, easy-access control units, an 8 oz. grounds coffee collection bin, and Baratza’s exclusive PortaHolder for hands-free grinding into an espresso machine portafilter.
Smooth and flavorful. That’s your coffee. That’s your grinder. Let the Vario bring out the best in your cup and your coffee, from home to work to the world.
The Vario offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from espresso to press pot in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
Grinds Left in Grinder:
To maximize freshness, the Vario minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- German made 54mm professional ceramic burrs, manufactured by Mahlkönig
- Over 230 distinct grind setting adjustment for consistent grinds
- Intuitive VARIO™ adjustment system for instant and repeatable setting adjustments
- Three user programmable buttons allow for grind time setting
- High torque DC motor
- PortaHolder permits hands free grinding into most Espresso portafilter
- 8 oz bean hopper
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Dimensions: 5" W x 7" D x 14.5" H
- Speed to Grind: 1.6 to 2.2 g/sec.
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz. (230 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3 oz. (180 g)
- Weight: 9 lbs. (4.1 kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD cm: 13x36x18 cm
- Power Rating (North America):120 V AC 180 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1.5 Amp
- Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .8 Amp
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK